We will do everything we can to ensure your privacy and therefore we handle personal data with care. Speech Therapy Practice Wassenaar complies in all cases with the applicable laws and regulations, including the General Data Protection Regulation. This implies that we at least:
- limit the processing of your personal data to only those details that are minimally required for the purposes for which they are processed. - ask for your express consent if we need it for the processing of your personal data.
- have taken appropriate technical and/or organisational measures to ensure the security of your personal data.
- will not transfer personal data to other parties, unless this is necessary for the purposes for which they were provided.
- are aware of your rights regarding your personal data, to point this out to you and respect it.
Att. Marieke Wolters-Ellens
For what purposes do we process personal data
Your personal data will be processed by Speech Therapy practice Wassenaar for the following purposes:
- To enter into a treatment agreement
- To stay in touch with you about things related to the treatment, such as making appointments or passing on test results or reporting contact with third parties.
- Maintaining contact with third parties about the course of treatment during the time of treatment.
- Sending a quality questionnaire (via the CQ-index) after approval from you.
For the above purposes, we may request the following personal information from you:
Surname, initials, first name, date of birth, BSN number (Citizen service number), passport / driver's license number, address, postal code, place of residence, telephone numbers, e-mail address, general practitioner, school, insurance number
Providing personal data to third parties
We may provide the information you give to us to third parties if this is necessary for the execution of the above described purposes.
For example, we use a third party for consultation or keeping the treatment process up to date. Third parties include the following parties: general practitioner, ENT specialist, rehabilitation physician, fellow speech therapist, CVI, teacher, physiotherapist, orthodontist, dentist, school counselling service and/or other parties involved.
We never pass on personal data to other parties with whom we have not entered into a processor agreement. With these parties (processors), we of course make the necessary arrangements to ensure the security of your personal data.
Furthermore, we will not provide the information you provide to other parties, unless this is legally required and permitted. If the police request us (personal) data in the context of an investigation for example, we must cooperate and are therefore obliged to provide them with the information. We may also share personal data with third parties if you give us permission in writing.
We do not provide personal data to parties located outside the EU.
We do not process the personal data of minors unless we have been given written consent bij the parent, caregiver or legal guardian.
Speech therapy practice Wassenaar stores personal data no longer than necessary and only for the purpose for which they are provided or when legally required.
We have taken appropriate technical and organisational measure to protect your personal data from illegal procession.
Data leaks will only be reported to the regulatory authority when there has been a leak where personal data has been infringed. Reports are not necessary when it is unlikely that the infringement forms a risk for the privacy of the involved.
Rights concerning your data
You have a right to review, rectify or delete the personal data we have from you. You may also object to the processing of your personal data (or parts thereof) by us or one of our processors. Furthermore, you have the right to request the transfer of the provided data to you or directly to another party if necessary. We may ask you for identification before we comply with any requests.
The professional associations dictates that we store your patient record for 15 years. After this period your patient details will be destroyed.
If you have a complaint about the processing of your personal data we ask you to contact us. If we cannot come to terms on this subject, then we of course sincerely regret this. You have the right to file a complaint with the Authority Personal data, which is the competent authority in the field of privacy.